Saturday, September 20, 2008

dante and olga



Here are some of my favorites from Dante and Olga's wedding. What an amazing day. I can't even begin to describe how much fun I had on this day. First it was one of my best friends (Ksenija) sisters getting married. BIG DAY! Second, it was in Detroit, a new place for me to shoot ... and around each corner was an awesome picture waiting to be taken.
Olga and Dante, thank you for including me in the celebration. It was such a joy to be a part of all the traditions and fun. You and your families sure know how to have a great time.



Isn't she gorgeous!!!



Here is Ksen, who had the best hair-do of the day! Loved it!



The Savic women. So beautiful!





Olga and her parents! Love you guys!





Mr. Dante Stella waiting patiently to see his bride!



Dante designed their invitations that had these very cool birds printed on them, which Olga had made into cuff links for her wedding gift to him. What an awesome idea.











What a beautiful church.





And the lovely couple. I love this one below. It is so them. So chill, so relaxed. Perfect.











And the Kolo, my favorite part! The Kolo is a traditional dance that takes place during the reception with Serbian music. Everyone dances around the room, hand in hand, in celebration of the new couple with songs of joy, praise, and love. It was my first Kolo, but not my last! It was hard for me not to dance while taking the pictures because it reminded me of the polka a little bit. And everyone knows how much I love a good polka dance!





CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE SLIDESHOW!!!

3 comments:

  1. em---- these are absolutely amazing! we are SO very lucky to have had you as the photographer for Olga & Dante's day. you are so incredibly talented. thank you for sharing your gift on one of the most important days of their life together. you are the BEST & i just love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:48 AM

    Amazing photos! Olg is gorgeous, and they look so happy. Nice job, Em. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! GORGEOUS!!!! Em it was great meeting you. As Ksen would say "uber talented"!

    Cindy Savich

    ReplyDelete